Volvo home shipment
A 5 year home shipment entitlement is included with the purchase of every new Volvo on the Military Sales Program. If you wish to use your new Volvo in the UK while you are stationed here, Volvo will home ship it back to a US Volvo dealer within 5 years for a small fee of £420. The 5 year entitlement starts from the day you take delivery. When it's time to PCS back to the States, all you need to do is set up an appointment with Volvo Military Sales in Eriswell, collate the paperwork listed below and arrange a convenient time and date to drop it off at our offices. We will then transport your vehicle to Southampton where it meets regular ships transiting from Volvo's factory in Sweden or Belgium containing new vehicles, it'll join them and head to a dealer Stateside. There are approximately 367 Volvo dealers Stateside that you can choose from, hopefully there's one near your next assignment or home town.
- Drop your Volvo at our showroom in Eriswell
- Pay £420
- 8-10 Weeks**
- Collect from one of 367 Volvo dealers in the USA
What is required from me?
By choosing the Volvo Home Shipping service, you will need to ensure your vehicle is prepared, ready to ship and the relevant documents are available at the point you drop the vehicle off.
The documents required are:
- Volvo Home Shipment voucher (given to you when you took delivery)
- Copy of Manufacturers Statement of Origin (copy given to you when you took delivery, if you financed the vehicle then your lienholder will hold the original)
- Copy of registration document (V5)
- Copy of Bill of Sale (given to you when you took delivery)
- Copy of order form (given to you at the point of ordering your new vehicle)
- Copy of PCS orders (bringing you to the UK and returning to the USA)
- Lienholder release letter
- DD430 (from Pass and Registration)
- Copy of insurance - (make sure you have Marine Insurance whilst in transit)
- 1 clear copy of passport (of Military member)
- 1 master key with remote
- £420 cash
To prepare your vehicle for shipping you will need to do the following:
- A wash and vacuum before dropping off. Clean enough to inspect for damage.
- No more than ¼ tank of fuel.
- All personal belonging removed from the vehicle. Any lose items will be removed by customs on the vehicles arrival into the US.
On collection of your Volvo at the dealer in the USA, you can ask them to assist you with activating your Volvo on Call feature.
We ask that all customers wishing to use the Home Shipping service, make an appointment ahead of time to drop their vehicle off.
Please click here to request an appointment
*The information given above is advice based upon the experience of several previous customers’ returning to the States. We will not be held responsible for changes in rules or regulations, it is the sole responsibility of the customer to research and familiarise themselves with the rules in the State they will be returning to.
**Shipping times above are purely speculative and based upon previous customers experience. We cannot be held liable for delays due to bad weather, customs clearance, shipping schedules, public holidays and strikes.